There are lots of ways you can be part of the effort to reduce youth smoking and protect people from the harms of secondhand smoke. Here are just a few:
- Join our email action team and receive up to the minute information and news alerts on tobacco-related issues that affect you.
- Visit our petition page and add your voice to the growing numbers of Capital Region residents advocating for change.
- Invite us to speak to a group you belong to— a civic group, faith community, youth organization, community service team, etc. to help us connect with interested community members.
- Help us raise public awareness. Write a letter to the editor of your local papers on a tobacco-related issue of concern to you.
- Help us educate decision makers. Contact your local/state/national representatives and let them know what issues you care about. Go here for contact info.
- Friend us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter @SmokeFreeCap so you’ll have our latest updates and action alerts and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
- If you believe an organization or business is violating the Clean Indoor Air Act, you can report a violation.
- Visit our Links page to learn more.
Every action you take brings us that much closer to our goal: to create a healthier community in which we live, learn, work and play. Please give us a call 518-459-2388 or email us to discuss ways we can work together for a tobacco-free Capital Region!